Legendary Brill Building songwriter, Doc Pomus, is one of the greatest songwriters in the history of American popular music, penning such rock, pop, and R&B standards as "Viva Las Vegas," "A Teenager In Love," and "This Magic Moment," among many, many others.
Pomus began his career as a blues singer before striking up a partnership with Mort Shuman and transitioning to songwriting full-time. Together, the two set up shop in the Brill Building and began churning out hits for the likes of Elvis Presley, Fabian, Dion, and Bobby Darin.
- Ray Charles - "Lonely Avenue"
- LaVern Baker - "My Happiness Forever"
- Big Joe Turner - "Love Roller Coaster"
- Dion & The Belmonts - "A Teenager In Love"
- The Mystics - "Hushabye"
- Fabian - "I'm A Man"
- Jimmy Darren - "Angel Face"
- The Drifters - "Save The Last Dance For Me"
- The Drifters - "This Magic Moment"
- The Crickets - "Don't Try To Change Me"
- Elvis Presley - "Viva Las Vegas"
- The Beach Boys - "Hushabye"
- The McCoys - "You Make Me Feel So Good"
- The Amen Corner - "The World Of Broken Hearts"
- Bad Company - "Young Blood"
- B.B. King - "There Must Be A Better World Somewhere"